1.07.2007

Down Town L.A.


Today we are meeting Justine and Jason for lunch near down town L.A., they are my schoolmates back in Berkeley. I haven't seen them since last time when Janice and I visited them in Cambridge couple years ago (gosh, time goes by fast).
We met at Jason's firm in down town, and he is kind enough to show us his office and the work he is doing. Jason is working on two high-rise buildings, one in down town, one in Phoenix, and he is managing a team of 6. The firm occupied half of the floor in a 73 story building, and it seems a pretty big space for a firm of 16 people. They still do a lot of physical models and I guess that is why they need so much space, hahhahaha. After the office tour, we went to the Border Grill in Santa Monica, and it was really dark in side. It is kind of strange for a California grill restaurant, but whatever. After the dinner, we took a short walk to Santa Monica Boardwalk. The last time I visited was in high school (about 11 years ago), and I don’t think it has changed much. It is nice to visit old friends in the old place, and the old place will become a new place when we move back to L.A. I was really happy to see Justine and Jason, and I am really happy seeing them doing what they want in life. Also I will have more friends after I move down from S.F.

3 comments:

aiwen said...

It'd be nice if you can work around Santa Monica! It'd be even better if you can live around there! Then I can go visit you guys everyday! Ha! Ha!

Now, are you talking about Cambridge MA, or GB? I have two good architect friends in Cambridge MA. I visited them before I got married, 7 years ago! It a "cool" place! I was there during spring break, and it was still snowing!

aiwen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Will.i.am said...

Both Janice and I loved Santa Monica, but i think the area is expensive. I cant wait til this summer when you guys come. You will have to show us around.
It is Cambridge MA, my friend Jason went to GSD at Hardvard. I am very proud of him.............