8.15.2010

Mr. Top Coat


I have been wanting to try finishing my Gundam with Mr. Top Coat for a while now. Since there is the spray can ban on oversea shipping, Mr. Top Coat has been a hard-to-get item. Thanks to Ebay, I got myself 2 cans just to try it out.
I have been using Krylon's matt finish as my top coat finish but it tend to dull the color of the model and it does not always dry clear if I gave a heavy coat. Krylon works good to make glossy paint become matt finish but does not look too good on unpainted plastic.
I am really excited about Mr. Top Coat and will be using it on my RG RX78-2...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I have been reading your wife's blog as a source for where to take my kids to play and she has a great blog. Anyway, I got the Tamiya "flat clear" spry from Hobby People in Chino Hills next to 99 ranch. Don,t know how that compares to the krylon matte finish. They also got some Gundam 00 1/144 there now. A pleasant surprise