8.05.2010

Gundam PG GP01


I have been waiting for this kit for a quite some time now. It was on backorder on HLJ and several vendors I dealt with for few month. Because of the size and the weight of this kit, it is really expensive to ship from Japan until HLJ had free shipping last month. Unfortunately many hobbist were eying on the same thing, and by the time I place my orders, GP01 were all gone, so that was a big disappointment. (of course I got many other things to make up for it and enjoyed my free shipping from HLJ). Thanks to AnimeRaro (http://www.animeraro.com/), they got some shipment of this kit and I reserved my copy and picked it up locally yesterday at Frank&son.


This kit is much bigger than I thought, and I think it is the same size as the PG OO. When I opened the kit, it has two boxes similar to the PG OO. PG GP01 was released 2003, one year before the PG Strike. It will be interesting to see how well GP01 was designed compare to the Strike since I am still building the Strike.


Box A

Box B


This kit is actually 2 in 1. Bandai, allows you to choose between GP01 or GP01fb. The reason I bought this kit is because I first saw it on Danny Choo's Gundam modeling Tutorial, and Choo build the GP01 version and I don't think he even bother to finish the rest of the kit. Therefore, I think I will just build the GP01.

I think GP01 is less skeletal compare to the Strike and it is closer to the original RX-78-2 design. I love the nice and simple line design of the GP01, the GP01fb is a bit too fat and fancy for me with all the armors. All in all, I am very excited about getting this kit, and the only question left is when am I going to get to build this........

No comments: