11.10.2009

H1N1

Recently a hot topic among the parents is "getting the H1N1 shot". For some reason I am hesitate to get the vaccine for my family. I guess the news and the media really hyped up the situation for the reason of getting people noticed and get their vaccine. In the mist of all the news and lack of vaccine, Psalm 91 came up to my mind and it says:

He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease.
You will be covered by his feathers; under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation.
You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day,
Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high.
You will see a thousand falling by your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you.

I do have fears in my heart that Zoya and Zech could get the H1N1 but didn't God's word meant something if I really believe in the bible? I guess I struggle between my faith and reality and I hope it is not my ego get in the way of my family's well being and health.........

No comments: