8.15.2010

HG GX-9900 Gundam X


I am not a big fan of 1/144 scale because it is too small to work on, but after watching the reviews on rrobert184's youtube, I decided to give HG GX-9900 Gundam X a try.


Surprisedly, I really enjoy the build on this kit. Some of the parts are really small because of the 1/144 scale, and it is not as detailed as the MG and PG. But because of the simplicity of it, it does not have the problem of the MG which have way too many joints which make MG really hard to pose.

I try not to use any stickers and I paint the eyes and the green parts instead of using stickers. Because I do not want to paint this kit, I finish it with Krylon's matt finish to get rid of the glossiness on the plastic, and it turn out pretty good.




What sold me on the kit is the overall proportion and the design of the Gundam X, and because of simple parts, I was able to build this kit in just few nights. Also the price of $20 for this kit, I can not be happier.





After building the HG Gundam X, I think I will be getting more HG kits, especially more of the recent release by Bandai.
Now I have done my first 1/44 scale, I think I am ready for the RG next....

No comments: